1. GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION: 38´35" South - 58' 42" West
2. RESTRICTIONS : Maximum LOA 230 meters (Coastguard Authorities may authorize exceptions) BEAM and DEPTH without restrictions
3. ACTUAL DRAFT AT ENTRANCE CHANNEL : 40 feet at zero level
To calculate sailing draft you must add high tide (Average is 1.50 meters) and subtract the swell and a security margin under keel of 1 foot.
4. DRAFT ALONGSIDE PIERS: It is different from channel draft, actually Port Authorities are working on this problem using dredgers.
DRAFT ALONGSIDE PIERS (at zero level is about):
|Pier 1: 40 feet.||Pier 3 : 38 feet.|
|Pier 4-5 : 36 feet||Pier 6 : 34 feet.|
|Pier lO : 3l feet.||Pier 12 : 22 feet.|
5. BOTTOM : soft mud, therefore NAABSA clause is applicable without risks.
6. LOADING MARK: vessels can load 1 % over their marks.
7. BUNKERS - FRESH WATER: vessels can be supplied on all piers.
8. WATER DENSITY: Brackish water with a density of 1018.
9. PORT CLOSED: Coastguard Authorities will close port when:
A.- High Swell: more than 1,85 meters
B.- Wind: more than 37 km.
Note: in 1995 port remained closed 21 % of the year.
13. PORT PIERS: